Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have had some decking installed, very small nothing major.

Customer Question

I have had some decking installed, very small nothing major. But the person who installed it screwed into a boundary wall as support. I stopped him immediately as I was unsure if this was legal and now am unsure whether to take it down, fill the holes and build as a freestanding deck as originally planned, or whether legally, because it's what I believe is called a 'party wall' we are actually allowed to drill into it.

My options I think are: A) Leave it, if legally there isn't anything wrong with it. or B) Take it down and have it freestanding because it is their wall.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Does the wall comprise part of the wall of your next door neighbours house please or is it a boundary wall (i.e. a fence made of brick)?

Josh-2010 :

If the latter is the wall built astride the boundary line or within the neighbours land?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.