wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

can a neighbour attach to my fencing

Customer Question

can a neighbour attach to my fencing
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. Simple answer: if the fence is your property (ie you paid for it) and stands on your property (ie not straddling the boundary but solely side) then no, the neighbour has no right to attach anything to it without your permission. In fact, hammering in nails or driving in screws etc is criminal damage to your property.
wingrovebuyer : Hello. Do you require any further assistance?
wingrovebuyer : Hello?
wingrovebuyer : Hello. If you don't require further help, can you please leave a rating for me, or JA will charge you but won't pay me for helping you. Thanks, WB