Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my grand daughter is 16 and wants to live with me i am her

Customer Question

my grand daughter is 16 and wants to live with me i am her grandma what will happen
Expert:  vincent2013 replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to asist you with it.

At the age of 16, your grand daughter can choose where she wants to live. If you are content with this arrangment, it's unlikely that the courts would interfere. Out of interest, if she is going to live with you permanently, you may also be able to claim child benefit for her.

If my answer has been helpful, please don't forget to rate it by leaving positive feedback. Please also don't hesitate to let me know if you require any further clarification.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.