Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

Hi can a legal charge on a property be removed same day if

Customer Question

Hi can a legal charge on a property be removed same day if both sides agree?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning : Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.
JACUSTOMER-32voll2g- :

Law Denning : Could you please explain your circumstances in more detail.
JACUSTOMER-32voll2g- :

Yes sure. I am a co director. I was due to complete the sale of house on Monday but it has come to light a finance company has a legal charge on my house created 31.07.13 without my knowledge. I am hoping to do a deal with the finance company on Monday. If they agree how quick could they remove the legal charge?

JACUSTOMER-32voll2g- :

Helllo are you there

JACUSTOMER-32voll2g- :

hello

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
The charge doesnt need to be removed to facilitate the sale,all the solicitor needs to do is get an undertaking from lenders solicitors to remove ithe charge and it can complete without any problem. Does that answer?