Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi i have a big problem with the power cable running across

Customer Question

Hi i have a big problem with the power cable running across my back garden and i have had to stop the build that is going on .Have down loaded my deeds and cables are in the wrong place as on my deeds they should have been run along boundary now they are saying i have a case but will take up to 18 months to go through the courts or i have to pay 7800 pounds for them to remove and reconnect they havent showed me the wayleave what should i do the main power cables are still exposed 3 weeks after they where found
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
Can we please have details of what these cables are, where they run, who owns them and where they should be? We need the full background please.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.