Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

What is classified as financial miselling in the UK, I have

Customer Question

What is classified as financial miselling in the UK, I have an example which I am facing now and I would like to see if this could be classified as financial miselling
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Can we have the full background please? Thank you
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Will you please give me a bit more information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, what happened was that a firm claimed something on television but the service was not actually what was provided.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I do need the full background please. I dont need to know the co name.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok,

It says Firm X, if you trade FX with us, you can trade like a pro.

But their standards do not even match 10% of the professional standard.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, I don't have enough information to answer your question or even attempt to. I will opt out for another expert.

I see that you have put three questions on this morning all with very limited facts and to be quite frank with you, with such limited facts you will not get an answer on any of them at this stage.

Experts on here do need the full detailed background.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok let me make it very clear to you then, and you don't need foreign exchange expertise in order to classify whether this is financial mis-selling.

I was watching Bloomberg television the other day, and I was interested to go into trading foreign currencies, so I chose this firm which as a slogan on everyone of their advertisement saying "Firm X trade forex like a pro". so I went and opened an account believing that I could receive a satisfactory amount of professional execution, service from this firm. However, the service was significantly under-par, where there were delays, and lots of issues. And it appears that I was trading financial derivatives of Foreign exchange and not even a physical spot exchange of Euro to Dollars or vice versa, I have been told by people in the firm that I have no physical impact on the market, market does not move of me even if i trade largely, so how am I trading like a pro? Right?

If you need more information I could give you a lot more.