75100385

We have a top floor flat in a block of 6 units, and have an

Customer Question

We have a top floor flat in a block of 6 units, and have an ongoing roof leak for the last 3 years. The property was built in Arpil 2008. NHBC state that repairs will cost £6000, but under NHBC "common parts" clause the thresh-hold to pay for repairs is £10,000. This means effectively that the insurance cover is worthless except in the most serious faults such as subsidence etc. I think that this is an unfair trading practice. I would be grateful for any advice you can give and how I can proceed against NHBC without recourse to legal proceedings.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Have you raised any formal complaints yet?