Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

My wife has left the house to her 2boys and has put a provision

Customer Question

My wife has left the house to her 2boys and has put a provision in her will that I can stay in the house rent free for my lifetime how secure am I and can the boys evict me
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. You are very secure - you have a life interest in the property, which is recognised under law. You can't be evicted and you only have to leave when you want to.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.