Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Morning, In my title deeds it says no building fences walls

Customer Question

Morning, In my title deeds it says no building fences walls or structure of any kind shall be erected on the area situated at the front ( and side) of the property.
I have a driveway on the opposite of house and so does my neighbour, is she allowed to put up a fence on the driveway between the properties, please see above
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

How high is the fence your neighbour has erected please?

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

am not worried about that..i need clarification of the part regarding the front of property does it mean my driveway as well?

Joshua :

Thanks. Are you able to let me have the preamble to the covenant? This should read something along the line of "the Transferee covenants with the Transferor to observe and perform the following covenants..."

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

not sure what you mean the houses were built 50 years ago

Joshua :

Do you have a copy of your deeds?

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

yes

Joshua :

Thanks. Prior to the covenant you have quoted there should be reference to the property owner observing the that and any other covenants. The wording may be something along the lines I posted above. Can you see wording to this effect?

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

just checking

Joshua :

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

sorry can't find any think

Joshua :

Are you able to upload your title deeds? Unfortunately it is going to be difficult for me to give you any more than a general response without the above information which will only be of limited help to you as the answer turns on the exact wording of this provision

Joshua :

You can use the paperclip icon to upload pdfs or images.

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

thanks your help

Joshua :

How would you like to continue?

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

thanks help

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

I'll use a solicitor face to face.

JACUSTOMER-b16b0g4o- :

regards

Joshua :

Thanks. If I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me. I should be able to assist if you can send me a copy of your title deeds.