Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I own my own property and within the title deed is a covenant

Customer Question

I own my own property and within the title deed is a covenant that requires boundary fences to be kept in good order, my neighbour presumably has the same covenant but, is failing to maintain both of his fencing responsibilities ( assuming that those responsibilities are the same as mine ). If this is so, how can the covenant be enforced and by whom?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : For now please let me know whether you have checked the title deeds of the property?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.