Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

-I pay ground rent as I own my park home. The site owner has

Customer Question

-I pay ground rent as I own my park home. The site owner has informed all that wooden sheds are to be replaced with metal sheds. Each occupier to buy their shed.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Could you explain the situation a little more please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The local council as requested all wooden sheds are to be replaced by metal sheds. Wooden sheds are a fire hazard. Nearer to my home is a wooden fence being the boundary of the site and MOD land which is overgrown brambles and pushing the fence over towards my home. I have asked the site owner to help several times. Is the fence not a fire hazard? The MOD will clear the ground every 7 years so not at the moment. I am a pensioner and the site owner said I should get my family to clear it! I am not keen to pay for a shed when I pay £149 month for ground rent.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What does your rental agreement say on the shed point or on the landlord being able to impose reasonable rules as he thinks fit ?

is your question about the shed or the fence/brambles?

do you own the fence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The site rules are each resident shall have one shed of standard pattern supplied by the owner at current prices. This tells me the site owner should pay. I have mentioned the fence and would like to know who is responsible to maintain it.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
not necessarily from where I am sitting.
When it refers to Owner, does it mean owner of the site or does it mean owner of the mobile home?
If in the agreement, owner has a capital letter, and it should be defined somewhere as to what Owner means.

I did ask you who owned the fence.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.