75100385

I am wondering. I am the landlord and the tenant has moved

Customer Question

I am wondering. I am the landlord and the tenant has moved out for a year already. there was a leak in the flat at one point, so she moved out and did not pay the rent. i was ok with her not paying the rent. but now She suddenly send me email saying she wants to claim back the accommodation and compensation costs from me for her incovienece and for me being a bad landlord as I was slow at taking action while she asked for something. can she do this as the tenancy agreement ended a year ago. on the agreement states that 'If there is no dispute the agent/menber will keep or repay the Deposit according to the agreed deductions and the conditions of the tenancy agreement. payment of the deposit or any balance of it will be made within 10 working days of the Landlord and the tenant agreeing the allocation of the deposit.' does this act help with the dispute

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Was the deposit protected please?
Was the deposit protected please?