Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Im middle one of 3 in a terrence,we,ve lived there 20years

Customer Question

Im middle one of 3 in a terrence,we,ve lived there 20years and the others 20 and 7.it started when the who lived there 7 years came to us and said the fence at the back wos part on is land.so he said he measured is inside wall, came up with the outside dowm pipe which is mind and only services my house is 4 inch on is land.and he as put up a fence that was open for 90 years that we did not agree to.if i proof its on my side can i ask to remove
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

so, in a nutshell, he has taken the measurements from inside the house and then put those measurements on the outside of the house, and the downspout which only serve your house is 4 inches on his side. Is that it?
He is then put a fence up on an area that was previously open and presumably, now, the downspout is on his side of the fence.
Is that the situation?
How long has the downspout been there? Do you agree where the boundary is? Is the fence on the boundary or on his side of the boundary?

please bear with me this weekend because I will be online and off-line