Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I bought a semi-detached house 2 years ago. Both joined properties

Customer Question

I bought a semi-detached house 2 years ago. Both joined properties have conservatories. I have just noticed that my neighbours is built partly on my side. What can I do about it?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Could you explain your situation a little more please?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I need as much information as possible please including, when the conservatory's were built.
how far over onto your side was it?
was it done with your predecessors consent?
Have you spoken to the neighbour about it?
What would you like done about it?
What has precipitated this?