cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
18726264

is it possible to buy a property with only the title document

Customer Question

is it possible to buy a property with only the title document and property condition report available?
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for you question. Can you explain the situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am about to lose my property because of the incompetence of my solicitor and wish to know if I can safely purchase with a title document, fixtures and fittings and property condition report only. Searches can be conducted by myself online. Is this correct? I have had a satisfactory survey. Hope this is sufficient information.

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Not really. You need to make enquiries before contract, if the title is registered get a copy of the register. If you are purchasing without a mortgage you can do it all yourself but if you need a mortgage the building society will insist on a solicitor reporting on title .
If you want to do it yourself there are do it yourself conveyancing websites that will give some guidance but I really do not recommend it if this is a house.