Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hello Who has the onus to let a tenant (under an Assured Shorthold

Customer Question

Hello Who has the onus to let a tenant (under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy AST) know that their Landlord is changing - the old one or the new one? If the ex Landlord has not informed the tenant of their new Landlord, is it OK for the new Landlord to do so retrospectively and is there a prescribed form of doing so.

Also can a third party who has paid the Deposit on behalf of a tenant (under an AST) demand their Deposit back within the tenancy please?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What do you need to know please?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Has the house been sold to a new investment landlord?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The estate has been sold to a new owner, the owner lives in the main house and two properties are let to tenants.

The Landlord is a company now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For Jo c

The Landlord is a company now.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?