75100385

i am joint licencee on a pub with my ex partner we have only

Customer Question

i am joint licencee on a pub with my ex partner we have only recently split up and i initally got most of the money together to buy the leasehold i have been paid most of it back but am still owed 7,500 pounds which he says he will only pay me if i sign the tenancy over to him .i have worked for nearly two years without getting a penny from him and i think the lease he can do is give me my money back without the conditions i sign the lease over to him. The business is doing very well and I was wondering as joint lease holder am i entitled to any of the profits he has made or may make in the future.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Are you a Limited Company or sole trader please? Note I am on and offline today so there may be a delay in my response.

JACUSTOMER-n3wf8mjn- :

I,m not sure Alex we have an 18 year lease from the brewery and we paid 100,000 pounds to take over the leasehold

Alex Watts : Did you ever form a company or just work together please?
JACUSTOMER-n3wf8mjn- :

just work together