Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

my.wife.was.made.bankrupt.and.we.lost.the.house.i.was.not.

Customer Question

my.wife.was.made.bankrupt.and.we.lost.the.house.i.was.not.involed.in.the.bank.rupt.but.i.was.not.aloud.to.go.to.the.crediters.meetings.even.when.i.was.acrediter.iwas.owed.money.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was your wife made bankrupt and when did you vacate the house?
How much was the house worth and how much was outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

t..ihe.house.was..worth..600.thousand.pound..i.think.it.wa s.2.years.now..iput.the.house.up.for.sale..with.an.and.the.bank.the.agent..and.bank.another.agent.who.sold.it.for.300.hundredthousand..and.did.not.ask.me.when.the.house.was.sold.the.bank.sent.alady.to.order.us.out.we.were.then.homeless

So when did the sale take place?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when.they.put.us.out.they.wanted.me.tosigne.some.paper.work.which.i.refused.and.inever.got.one.pennys.worth.of.help

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

while.we.werein.the.house.lad y.from.bank.came.every.day.to.move.ormake.me.move.quickly.but.i.am.disabled.so.it.takes.me.a.bit.longer..but.while.i.was.there.there.was.abuilder.there.everyday.which.was.abit.scary.he.whatch.every.thing.we.did.the.estate.people.gave.him.a.key

When did you move out?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i.moved.out.march.2011

When was the property sold?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

march.2011.about.aweek.before.we.were.moved.out

Do you have any evidence of the correct valuation?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes.i.do.iieven.had.to.pay.for.areport.on.the.house.i.think.it.was.one..that.they.do.for.heat.lose..which.cost..me.800.pounds

How much was outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

350.thousand.but.the.bank.took.me.off.the..mortgage.the.said.it.was,easy.just.to.deal.whith.one.so.all.my..money.iput.in.had..gone.in.one.stoke

What action have you taken so far?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

none.i.do.not.now.what.yo.do.i.am.cluching.at.strawes.at.this.time

Just so that I understand (your use of full stops - whilst understandable - makes it a little confusing)
You and your wife owned a property.
Your wife went bankrupt and the house was repossessed.
The house was sold for £300,000 - the mortgage was £350,000 and you beleive the property was in fact worth £600,000 - is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes.that.is.correct.but.iwas.told.my..name.is.still.onthe.landregester

Have you checked that for yourself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no but.i.keep.geting.the.rates.bill.the.rates.said.my.name.is.and.as.far.as.they.are.concernd.iam.the.owner.and.been.find.for.nonepayment.and.now.supose.to..ow.them.afew.....

Has there ever been a completion statement form the sale?
Have you asked the Trustee in Bankruptcy for one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no.ihavenot.as.isaid.they.didnot.letme.in.to.creditors.meetings.even.when.idrove.to.manchester.to.go.in.they.saidthey.whoud.sort.it.for.me

When was the last meeting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

beforewe.moved.out.ihad.to.take.keys.toestate.agent.in.liverpool.not.to.the.one.who.sold.it.cheap

When was that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

march.2011.we.have.not.herd.athing.i.still.bank.with.them

Right
So the property was re-possessed in 2011 and you have not received any account of the Proceeds of Sale since then - either from the Trustee in Bankruptcy or the Mortgage Company.
Have you checked at the Land Registry to see when it was sold and for how much?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no.iam.liveing.on.my.old.age/pension.so.every.penny.counts.ithink.they.would.want.me.to.pay.for.it.at.what.cost

May I just check are you and your wife still together
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes.but.we.live.seperate.in.the.house.and.she.has.not.heared.any.thing

As a starting point you need to spend £3 and get a copy of the land Registry Documentation =
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/online-services
Once you hav ethis it will tell you who owns the property and how much was paid for it
Once you have these details you can write to the Trustee in Bankruptcy and ask for a full accounting of the Sale and what happened to the proceeds - as well as an explanation of why the lower price was accepted.
If their explanation is not sufficient and you can prove that it was sold for undervalue then you may have a claim against the Trustee
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details