75100385

For Alex W: as discussed I have a court appearance on Wednesday

Customer Question

For Alex W: as discussed I have a court appearance on Wednesday 9th regarding set aside. In our conversation you said the rule CPR 13 allows that further evidence is admissible. Having reviewed the text myself I can't see where this is stated. Have you come to your conclusion based on their being no statement to the contrary?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Yes I referred to two parts if I remember. Part 13 states the test for setting Judgment aside and then this must be read in conjunction with Part 23 which is the general rules about applications found at: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part23

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, which I hope has been excellent, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex