Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Hello I need a simple document produced which I can sign to

Customer Question

I need a simple document produced which I can sign to say that I will leave my partner's house one year after his death. (He is 81 and I am 67). His children think I am a gold digger and have been circulating rumours to this effect. There is a lot of bad feeling about, including my feeling very hurt and insulted. Who can produce such a document for me, so that they can rest easy in their beds?!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning :

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Law Denning :

Do you have a specific question?

JACUSTOMER-493n6aft- :

I have sent you my question and you have not answered it.

Thank you for you question
My name is Clare and I shall do my best to help you
What you need is a simple CoHabitation Agreement that sets out the financial arrangements between you - including what will happen in the event of the death of one of you
There is one here that can be adapted
http://static.advicenow.org.uk/files/Living_Together_Agreements-867.pdf
You do need to be aware that once you have lived together for more than two years then the survivor does have a potential claim on the estate of the other partner.
The Agreement would not necessarily prevent such a claim - but it certainly shows what is intended
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details