75100385

How to find if some one owns a property or not?

Customer Question

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Could you explain the situation a little more please?
JACUSTOMER-apn66tuc- : We just won the case against some one and he has to pay back our money within 14 days so just found t
JACUSTOMER-apn66tuc- : that he sold his few property and our concern is has he owns any other property in uk?
Alex Watts : I see you want to do a nationwide search?
JACUSTOMER-apn66tuc- : May be only in England, around Surrey Reigate area or most england
Alex Watts : Sadly this is not a service anyone can offer, you can search by property but not by name. If you searched per property the cost would be £6 each.
Alex Watts : But in this situation you would need an order to obtain information, this is where the debtor has to provide details of all his properties, bank account, assets etc.
Alex Watts : There is simply not a nationwide database where you can search by name.
JACUSTOMER-apn66tuc- : Yes I know that, I already done that and found out he sold his properties that's why I came to you.
Alex Watts : For example if I wanted to see what property my parents owned in the area, unless I actually knew the property details I would not be able to search each and every property in the area.
Alex Watts : You know of other properties or you need a search in an area?
JACUSTOMER-apn66tuc- : I know some his property but when I check in land registry website I found that he already sold those properties now my worry is how to claim our money back
Alex Watts : However saying that what you can do, if you suspect he owns property and you do not want to have an order to obtain information you would be able to serve a statutory demand and then petition for his bankruptcy.
Alex Watts : That way the Official Receiver would be able to freeze all his assets, obtain a charge over any and all properties and then seek to sell them and recover any debts he owes including yours.
Alex Watts : There is no way you can do a search by a name for property, you can only search each individual property.
Alex Watts : This is something you can do which would really make him pay up, or lose any other property.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about your question today? If not, can I invite you to rate my service which I hope has been excellent. If you need more help then please click reply. Thanks - Alex
Alex Watts : Please remember you are rating my service and not whether or not it was the answer you wanted.
Alex Watts : But sadly there is no nationwide database the public or lawyers have access to by name.