75100385

Dear Sir, I am an overseas client and I own a flat in London,

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I am an overseas client and I own a flat in London, an incident took place at the flat 4 months ago where there was water leakage from our flat and the water damaged the wood flooring in three rooms. Since then we were trying to fix the problem with the property management and carry on with repair but the management refused to start until they get the insurance approval. The quotation was already sent 3 months ago. I visit London often and also my other two sisters, the flat is owned by the three of us and we are paying rents outside. What could we do in such a situation?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Have you spoken with the insurers? Have they explained why it has taken 3 months and nothing has happened please?

JACUSTOMER-zoanw1db- : The property management are the ones dealing with the insurance and they are not responding
JACUSTOMER-zoanw1db- : What can we do in such a situation, should we change the property management or raise a case and look for a lawyer
Alex Watts : What is the value of the repairs do you know?