Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am renting a 2 bed house and the window in my childrens bedroom

Customer Question

I am renting a 2 bed house and the window in my childrens bedroom has no window locks on it and neither does the bathroom upstairs. Both are easybto climb up to and out of. I have asked my letting agents to sort this this out over 4 weeks ago and nothing has been done. I am worried about my children's safety as my bedroom is downstairs. I feel they have got me over a barrel as I have paid 6 months rent up front.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

When you say there are no locks, do you mean it is possible to open the window from the outside when it is fully closed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Plus one of the windows doesn't close flush and the other window doesn't even open the middle pane has condensation in between the double glazing too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did reply