75100385

After renting a static caravan which is sited on the landlords

Customer Question

After renting a static caravan which is sited on the landlords private land. He reassured me it would be a long lease but now he is evicting me after the local Council have looked at the site and told him to remove the static caravans by November 30th 2013. He has instructed me to remove the van even though there was no tenancy agreement or proof of rent that I have paid each week. There is no proof that the van in question was owned by myself. Does he have any legal reason to take me to court. he threatening me with the police but I am now homeless.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : What does your lease say about termination please?
JACUSTOMER-meh3zfjd- :

I was not given anything at all, no lease no rent book, the van belonged to a guy who lived on the site before me there are about 10 caravans on the site

JACUSTOMER-meh3zfjd- :

I am confused as I need a response and have very limited internet access when should I check for a reply I will ned to drive into town

Alex Watts : How long have you been on the land please?
Alex Watts : kindly note I am in court so may be and offline for some of today.