75100385

My neighbour is erecting a new fence between our houses.

Customer Question

My neighbour is erecting a new fence between our houses. He removed the original fence to do so (it was in poor condition) but has been very lax about marking the boundary correctly before I could check it. The amount of variation is small, but as the garden is over 200 ft long it has finally affected the end corner, cutting sharply into the final ten ft. or so of my side of the boundary. It is a shock me that the variation appears to have been intentional as progress on the work has taken four weeks plus, and only when the full length has been completed and the new posts set in concrete has this result become clear. What is my legal position? Can I insist that the fence is altered to restore my correct boundary?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : How much and i
Alex Watts : How much land in total has been taken, is it 10ft please?
JACUSTOMER-u102hxse- :

2 Nov. I have today spoken to my neighbour and we have reached a resolution (so far) He is adjusting the position of the final three lengths of fencing to restore the original boundary. Thanks for your reply, which didn't tell me anything much and the total amount of land involved is probably just under 10 sq feet.

Alex Watts :

Yes I did had not posted a answer, but needed to know more information. Do you still need help from me today?