cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
18726264

I had taken out a life policy on my wife and the house was

Customer Question

I had taken out a life policy on my wife and the house was in my wife's name, and my wife made out a will leaving every thing to her when she died. Would the proceeds of the life policy be included in the will if my daughter said that she wanted it to be or, if the solicitor said that I should not benefit from my wife's death, or should the money from the life policy be included in the will or should it come to me.
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
I thout I had answered this question. If you took out the policy and you are the beneficiary then the benefit of the policy is yours. It does not fall into your wife's estate or pass under her will. You should be able to obtain payment direct from the insurer in the event of your wife's death