75100385

local community centre has been turned into a priivate day

Customer Question

local community centre has been turned into a priivate day nursery.the building belongs to the community but wont let us use it

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When you say it belongs to the community do you mean the council owns it please?
JACUSTOMER-wtc1gz5k- :

The land and the building were owned by Maritime housing (now Regenda housing) they gave the title deeds to the trees estate community some years ago now ( don't have an exact date). Since then there has been a board to run the building and a manager. Our problem is that 3 years ago the manager created Trees Community Centre LTD but still with charity status, The Chair of the board was taken ill with cancer and foolishly allowed all business decisions to be executed by the Manager. Part of the building was used as a childrens day nursery but as of last year now occupies over 80% of the building. residents can no longer access the two large rooms, and are confined to the hallway a small computer room and an even smaller office space and the toilets. Our issue is that the community were never consulted about any of these changes and nobody can remember the last time they had an AGM that was publicised. What we want to know is if and how we can get the building back for the use of the community from operating as a private day nursery.

Alex Watts : Is the land in the name of the trees community centre ltd?
JACUSTOMER-wtc1gz5k- :

Ww dont know how do we find out without rasing alarm

Alex Watts : Who actually owns the property now do you know?
JACUSTOMER-wtc1gz5k- :

The property was given to the comunity

Alex Watts :

Yes but someone must own it - it wont be owned by the Community as this would be impossible?