Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi, our neighbours have...

Customer Question

Hi, our neighbours have a 12 metre tall by 70 metre long holly hedge. They just allow it to grow. After endless requests and a solicitor we paid £850 to have it cut. According to thier land registry details the hedge does belong to them and it is stated in the registry that they have a duty to maintain it. I have made them aware of this but just get ignored. How can I enforce the words written in the land registry? Why should I pay to keep thir hedge from damaging my property? Regards Chris
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Does the hedge cause a nuisance to your property? I.e does it encroach onto your land?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With respect AJ you have not read my question?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?