Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i own a maisonette over a shop. the rear of the shop extends

Customer Question

i own a maisonette over a shop. the rear of the shop extends beyond the rear exterior wall of my property. it affords me a large asphalted and railed balcony. at some point in the past the concrete roof of the shop has cracked across the entire width and about six feet. from my rear exterior wall.the crack runs in parallel with that wall.i have no structure on the balcony at all.my problem is that it is now leaking and the owner of the shop says that the balcony is my problem and that i must bear the cost of repair but he might make a contribution.it would make my share of the £1508 quote £1108 and the shop owners £400. is this a fair outcome
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Do you have a copy of your lease please and have you had a chance to peruse the same?

JACUSTOMER-y33e8iu6- :

yes i do and no becaues i dont know what to look for

Joshua :

Thanks. You may not be able to easily but if you can upload it I will be happy to look at it for you. If you can't I can give you some guidance as to the same instead.