wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I have owned a property which has been empty for over 8 years

Customer Question

I have owned a property which has been empty for over 8 years and is in need of renovation, I have had plans passed for development of the bungalow but unfortunately i have had health issues, resulting that the property has been left longer than anticipated. Also I am having financial problems which doesn't help, the council have been on to me to tidy the property up, I have done so on several occasions but now they have issued my wife and I with a summons for none compliance. We received the summons last Friday 29th and were due in court this Friday the 6th, we have asked the court and the council for a later hearing and hopefully they will do so. We also asked the council for a loan to help do the property up they said one was available but when the looked into it they said there was no equity in the property so would not help us. This was only a few months ago and now this has happened, we are at our wits end my wife is 62 years old and I am 52 years, may I add this was part of our pension plan, this is really frustrating any money we have put aside to do up the property will now end up paying a fine and their court costs help please!
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. You've set out the background, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you tell me what is your exact question please?