Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a property with land of 40 metre square

Customer Question

I have a property with land of 40 metre square at the back of the neighbour's house which has been abandoned and overgrown. The land and property is in the conservation area, and I have cut some trees without consulting the Council of Kingston upon thames. I have been ordered to plant some trees 18 and of which 3 trees are in the middle. presumably to stop any further development. There is a house next door adjacent to the piece of land and a set of garages on the other side. the other two sides are backgarden of other properties. What are my rights? I have sent details to you already and paid. I have not received any answer from you till now. Please call me on XXXXXXXXXXX many thanks. E [email protected]

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

You might be in a bit of a sticky situation here.

Did you get permission from the council to cut down the trees?

What have they stated the consequence would be if you did not plant the trees?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.