Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am a tenant and my house has been taken over by a building

Customer Question

I am a tenant and my house has been taken over by a building society due to landlord not paying mortgage. Who do I pay next months rent to? The building society say them and the agents I normally pay say them. Please help.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If the property has been repossessed, you should pay your Rent to the Building Society.

However, the B Society are under a duty to write to you formally, confirming that they in effect are your new Landlord, and you should demand that you receive such a letter from them before parting with your Rent.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL