75100385

The boundary fence has blew down between my bought house and

Customer Question

The boundary fence has blew down between my bought house and the next door neighbours. The good side is on the neighbours and the posts are on mine. I contacted my insurance company and they say the fence is not covered. Thankyou

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you have garden cover on the policy please?
JACUSTOMER-49gp99ep- : no I don't think so. What I'm asking is who liable. Myself or my next door neighbour. The post sie of the fence is on my side and the good side is on the neighbours. We live in bought houses.
Alex Watts :

Who owns the fence do you know? Does it say anything in your deeds? As you look at the house from the road which side of house is the fence please?

JACUSTOMER-49gp99ep- : I live in a cul-de-sac of thirteen houses. From the road at the front of the house the fence is on the left hand side. Hope this helps.
Alex Watts :

In the absence of anything in your deeds your neighbour would be responsible to the fence to the left.

Alex Watts :

This is by convention and assuming there is nothing else.

Alex Watts :

Therefore unless the neighbour can prove otherwise he needs to pay for the repair.

Alex Watts :

I hope this helps.