chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Can I have problems if I gave a lodger 3 months notice?

Customer Question

Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

HI, you should not be going into her room without her consent. Period!! With regard to the notice period, three months is more than ample.

chatham-chamber :

I hope this assists. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

chatham-chamber :

Many thanks,

JACUSTOMER-8y6qge4l- :

When she moved in we agreed that if I will have to do anything with the windows I can go into her room. Unfortunately I don't have anything in writing. All rooms in my flat are opened all the time. I even leave the door to my bedroom wide open. You are right I should let her know, but I would never think it may be a problem. Winter is coming and one of the windows wasn't closing properly. I have found out how to fix it and went there to do it. Because of previous issues it just created another argument. Thank you for your reply.

chatham-chamber :

Its a pleasure. I hope this assists. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

For clarity - you are entitled to enter the room to deal with issues regarding the maintenance of the property - provided it is not on a regular basis
You have done nothing wrong

What exactly was wrong with the window? If it was faulty, you would be entitled to make the necessary repairs, provided she was aware.