chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

The company I work for in London have rented a 5 bed apartment

Customer Question

The company I work for in London have rented a 5 bed apartment for staff to stay in when they work. The problem is there are 13 of us and I think the lease is only for 6 named persons. Are the company breaking the lease agreement if some times there are different people staying in the flat. Ie 6 out of the 13? If so can the landlord keep the full 2 month deposit as a result? J
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, is the tenancy agreement in the name of the company or the individuals?

JACUSTOMER-n2tq5cs5- :

the company think

chatham-chamber :

Hi, if the tenancy agreement is in the name of the company, provided that the accommodation is not overcrowded under the definition provided in the Housing Act 1988, it should be ok.

chatham-chamber :

If the tenancy is in the name of individual people, only the named individuals should be residing at the property.

chatham-chamber :

I hope this helps. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

chatham-chamber :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

chatham-chamber :

Many thanks,

JACUSTOMER-n2tq5cs5- : So what are the key points of the act when it comes to what is deemed as Overcrowding
chatham-chamber :

Hi, please see following link: http://www3.westminster.gov.uk/docstores/publications_store/overcrowding%20excerpt.pdf

chatham-chamber :

This provides a useful guide on the issue of overcrowding

chatham-chamber :

chatham-chamber :

Many thanks,