Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX landlord give me 2 months to move out

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX landlord give me 2 months to move out but i don't got any savings to move with and i got 2 kids i did not pay last months rent can way still give me bed reference on my new place thanks
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just want to no what rights do i have ? after landlord give me 2 months to move out i find are new place but i cant pay a landlord my need to safe one more months pay and i can move out but there letting agent want last months rent money but i refuse to pay my need to safe same money for new place to move in i cant pay can way give bad referents to my new place ? thanks dovile

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Are you on an assured shorthold tenancy agreement?

If so, when does it end?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no renting for 3 years now way say is for long let i we move in 11-09-2010 ending 10-03-2011 i did not pay last months rent and i refusing to pay January rent can way give bed reference if i muve to new place thanks

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

He can only give you a truthful reference but if you have not been paying on occasions then he could legitimately mention that I'm afraid.

You will be on a periodic tenancy agreement and so he could give you notice for any reason that he likes although it has to be in S21 form and no less than 2 months.

If you don't move out then will need a court order to evict you which will buy you some time but unfortunately it would be at your cost I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help if i pay last months rent but way asking full rent for January rent to then i only gonna live here for 12 days we moving in January-22 to new place don't understand way we need to pay full months rent ?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Probably because you haven't given proper notice.

You are on a periodic tenancy agreement and so you need to give notice of one month on or before the rental date. If you haven't don that in writing then you are liable for a further months rent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but way he can say which day he want ass gone is so stupid got 2 kids and find 1670 pounds for new deposit is just crazy thanks

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i mean i did not no there my need to give one month notice for are landlord

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
If you mean that you weren't aware of the need to give notice then I'm afraid there is no defence in that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

then i dont have any rights that so ever thanks for your help

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.