75100385

My estate agent has served section 21 to my DSS tenant who

Customer Question

My estate agent has served section 21 to my DSS tenant who should of moved out on the 24th December. She has communicated with me stating that she will not move out until I evict her so she can get housed. However, she has also after the 24th December asked for repairs to be done to the property. I have not received any further rent outside of the tenancy so do I have to do the repairs of damp in the lounge?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

It is quite common that a Council will not even consider rehousing unless there is a possession order

Alex Watts :

Therefore you should consider issuing possession proceedings to secure your position.

Alex Watts :

As to the repair issue you should continue with your obligations under the tenancy agreement.

Alex Watts :

However of course these repairs could take some time and it may be you can not find anyone to do them for some months

Alex Watts :

By which time your tenant should have left

Alex Watts :

So you still have to keep your obligations under the agreement, but you could pad it out

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-q90f96cz- :

Can the housing office/portsmouth council insist that I do the repairs in a specific time or can I just get some quotes

Alex Watts :

No.

Alex Watts :

Just get the quotes to do it

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/