75100385

Hi, I own a 11.5 acre woodland which has no public right of

Hi, I own a 11.5 acre woodland which has no public right of access, nor any adjoining public footpaths. However local residents to walk there with their dogs and children. There are a couple of old mine-shafts on the land. I need wording please for a warning sign that I can put up which ensures that I'm not liable for any injury or loss which might be incurred during such acts of trespass. Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Users use this woodland entirely at their own risk. The owner excludes all liability for loss of personal injury however caused.
Alex Watts : Does this help?
Customer:

Hi Alex, Thanks - that looks just what I need. One quick ancillary - if the sign gets torn down as an act of vandalsim - do I need to keep replacing it in order to maintain the denial of liability or can I photograph it to keep as evidence that there once was a sign. In this area there is local grievance that the previous owners have sold off parts of the woodland and affected peoples free access - even though that access always was in effect trespass, and we as the new owners have not sought to prevent continuing that access. People are very strange. All i want to do is ensure that I'm not liable if they come to grief whilst in the woodland.

Alex Watts : You can post various signs but they need to be visible.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer:

I think what you're saying is that should someone tear down a sign I need to replace it in order to be "protected" by the sign. Evidence that I put up a sign isn't enough. OK I need to position it at a height where it can be read but not vandalised.

Customer: