Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I own a leasehold property in London with 120 years remaining.

Customer Question

I own a leasehold property in London with 120 years remaining. I also have a bankruptcy clause in the lease and the landlord won't amend the lease. Bought the property with the lease as had many people before me. It was just brought to my attantion when i tried to sell it. Do you have any rights over landlord?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Do you have the exact wording of the bankruptcy clause to hand?

Is the clause preventing a buyer form obtaining a mortgage?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I don't have the lease to hand and would need to request a copy from my mortgage company. Apparently it would prevent someone getting a mortgage ( i was told its is unmortgagable) but I got a mortgage and remortgage 4 times over a period of 14 years. it has passed hands 9 times. Clearly never picked up. Is there a law that could force the leaseholder to amend my lease?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

I am going refer this to one of my other colleagues who has more experience in this area.

AJ
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Happy to wait for an answer. Thanks

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I didnt get an answer?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please return my deposit and close. Thanks