wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Can you tell me how the 28 day planning rules work ? can different

Customer Question

Can you tell me how the 28 day planning rules work ? can different fields on the same farm use seperate 28 days? or is it based on holding numbers ? If so if I split the farm then woulld each part recieve obtain 28 days? many thanks
Colin
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. The rule applies to a single property, so one farm can apply the rule to the whole or part. However, you can't apply it consecutively on neighbouring fields. Of course, to get around this you could transfer one or two fields to your partner or to a company, and you could then argue that it is in different ownership or part of a new holding.