wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I am at the moment representing Mrs Roys she being a Benifiuries

Customer Question

I am at the moment representing Mrs Roys she being a Benifiuries of a Charity organisation. The lease for her house came up for sale over 2years ago and I she gave a local solicitor the responsibility of buying the lease on her behalf.month after month Margaret requested information on how far he had got purchasing the lease and he continually told her the matter was in hand.She never got a satisfactory answer and was told by the

Lease holder that no contact was made by her solictor, I reported this information to my solicitor and as a result of his very un professional attitude and after 2years I took the matter out of his hands.Should I now approach another solicitor and expect the same form of treatment.Mrs Margaret Roys is a 82 year old disabled person.
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. It seems Mrs Roys has been given a very poor service. That is, thankfully, unusual so if you go to another solicitor to help her with this, I expect you will receive a much better service. You can of course mention this to the new solicitor so that they will be aware of the poor service she previously received. To get a recommendation, maybe try asking friends and family for solicitors they've used and liked. Alternatively, ask your local Law Society office to recommend a firm. You should also consider making a formal complaint about the original solicitor as where poor service is given, compensation could be payable. Best, WB