Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

In the house deeds for all the houses on our close. It states

In the house deeds for all the houses on our close. It states that you can'nt park a caravan on your driveway. It is the same for a caravanette.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are the neigbours allowered to park there caravanette on there drive

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

If you are talking about a mobile home, it would be treated in exactly the same way as a caravan.

However, if there are other covenants on the property, such as not parking a van or growing hedges or putting up fences or keeping an aviary which are all very common covenants then there are other things to take into consideration.

You cannot enforce that covenant against the neighbour unless you have complied with every single solitary covenant that there is against your property.

So, if there is a covenant not to put a hedge or a fence up, and if you of planted a hedge or put a fence up, you would not be allowed to enforce the covenant against the neighbour in respect of the caravanette. You cannot breach certain covenants yourself but enforce others against the neighbour. It is the legal doctrine of "clean hands" which basically says that to enforce the covenant against someone else you have to be have behaved well yourself.

Provided you have not breached any other covenants you can enforce this covenant against the neighbour through court if necessary. You can also ask the court to award the application costs for enforcing the covenant against the neighbour.