75100385

what can i do if the downstairs is a shop and they play loud

what can i do if the downstairs is a shop and they play loud music 24/7 in London?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the Council yet?
Customer:

yes, I have complained to the council several times. The EHO came once and say that the noise is not loud enough for them to intervene. But it's really noisy like 24/7, we can hear their music, even we have our tv on. It's only sometimes is better as they choose a slower song, that is what happened when EHO came. So, I don't know who I can go to and what I can do now.

Alex Watts :

You can take the following steps:

Alex Watts :

1) Write to the neighbour, tell them it is a noise nuisance and to stop it otherwise you will go to Court

Alex Watts :

2) If that does not work get a local Solicitor to write

Alex Watts :

Given that it comes from a Solicitor it may prompt them into making sure things are quiet

Alex Watts :

3) If that does not go to work you can issue proceedings for noise nuisance.

Alex Watts :

You would need to complete form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And form N16a http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court would then list the matter for a hearing and decide whether to make an Order.

Alex Watts :

If the Court does and it is breached then this is contempt and consequences can follow

Alex Watts :