Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am a freeholder and in the lease of one of the flats it states.

Customer Question

Property register of the of the Lessor's said Title to HOLD the demised premises unto the Lessee for a Term of Years from and including the date hereof to and including 31st December 2181 YIELDING AND PAYING therefore unto the Landlord the yearly rent of a peppercorn (if Demanded) by way of further or additional rent the service charge as hereinafter defined.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

If you are asking what a peppercorn rent is, it is 5 pence per year, and hence no rent is practically payable by the Tenant.

Please let me know if you require any clarification.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok but in the lease it does not state that I am not entitled to request it.

So is there a law that state I must not or can I charge if I want to?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.