Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat. the

Customer Question

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat.
the prospective buyer's solicitor is asking

"Has a notice of intended sale of the freehold been served under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987?"

there was long time ago a notice of sale which is why I bought it. should that have been declared?

when does the clock start for a tenant to make a request to buy a freehold?

and am I forced to sell part of it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask if you are concerned that you may not have carried out works that are reasonably required to the property or that any works may not have been carried out in a workmanlike manner or is this not the case please?