Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat. the

Customer Question

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat.
the prospective buyer's solicitor is asking

"Please confirm that you are not aware of any outstanding Service Charge consultation procedures pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended)."

What does this question mean?

What is a "consultation procedures pursuant to the Landlord"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 3 years ago.
The question release to leaseholders paying variable service charges. they must be consulted before a landlord carries out qualifying works or enters into a long-term agreement for the provision of services.

Regulations have been produced under section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 which set out the precise procedures landlords must follow

I hope this helps.