wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

I am applying for a certificate of lawful use on a commercial

I am applying for a certificate of lawful use on a commercial property. I want to ask the council to see their planning file on the property how do I go about this ?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. You should be able to simply contact your local Council's planning department and ask them for the planning summary. Such a summary normally forms part of a Local Search, one of the searches lawyers do when buying property. Accordingly, your council should be able to supply this easily, as it is a record they will maintain. It's likely they will make a charge for this, probably around £20. Hope this helps, WB
Customer: The planning inspectors have visited the site over the years is it possible to see the reports they have made.
wingrovebuyer : Planning Inspectors? Do you mean Planning Officers from the Council? If so, yes, you should be able to see the files - you can make a request, but say that it is also made under the Freedom of Information Act as this should mean you get the paperwork more quickly. Best, WB