75100385

I have a tenancy with a land lord who has surrendered the mortgage

I have a tenancy with a land lord who has surrendered the mortgage with his lender because he cannot pay the mortgage. My tenancy has 8 months to run. Can I leave the property now or does the mortgage company assume to tenancy

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

As soon as the Landlord hands it back - the tenancy ends.

Alex Watts :

Therefore once it is surrendered your tenancy agreement ends.

Alex Watts :

This means you can leave once it has been surrendered back to the mortgage Company

Alex Watts :

Customer:

so the tenancy agreement is not taken over by the mortgage company and i am not in breach.if i leave

Alex Watts :

No.

Alex Watts :

It ends.

Alex Watts :

Your agreement is with the Landlord, not the mortgage Company

Alex Watts :

Therefore if the house is surrendered, the agreement ends.

Alex Watts :

Does this help?