Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My landlord (local authority) has served a Section 25 notice

My landlord (local authority) has served a Section 25 notice on grounds of property refurbishment (opposes renewal under 30(1) f. The LA is proposing to business lease (99 years) the property to a trust who have secured lottery money etc to do the refurbishment.
As my landlord is not undertaking the refurbishment (i.e. funding or undertaking the refurbishment):
Was the section 25 notice correctly served under 30(1) f in the first place?, and
Am I able to ask a court to renew my tenancy; but can my landlord do this if they lease the property to a trust, or will a court ask the trust to grant a renewal tenancy?? Logic - my landlord will still have the freehold of the property?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

It must be the landlord that is carrying out refurbishment. He cannot refuse to renew on the basis that he is going to lease to someone else and let them carry out the refurb.

If the landlord will not agree then this will have to be resolved by a Court.

Can I help further?