75100385

I have an empty commercial building which builders start on

I have an empty commercial building which builders start on 3rd March. I know I need to let insurance co know, but are they likely to need anything other than public liability insurance of my builder. I do not have a "JCT" contract- not really sure if this is relevant. Can you help?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It may make no difference to the Insurance.
Alex Watts : But all that is needed is public liability.
Alex Watts : You don't need to worry about a JCT contract.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

Last time I did something very similar- insurance asked for a JCT.....which my architect said was in place, but miles afterwards it transpired it wasn't and they never asked to see the document. I am using a turnkey builder for this & don't have architect managing, but want to have all bits in place before. Is the public liability the only think they're likely to need? And what is a JCT (in brief).

Customer:

Customer:

Oh, I should say it's fairly minor works- no extension & very little structural. Re-modelling/ re-wiring/ replumbing of existing space. And one flat to 4 flats.

Alex Watts :

Ok - then you only need to check that insurance is in place, nothing else.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?